The Library includes information and links to relevant national eHealth initiatives in major world economies, related ComSoc TCs, related IEEE societies/councils and initiatives, and healthcare IT standards groups.
Global National/Regional e-Health Initiatives
- Related IEEE ComSoc Technical Committees (TCs)
- Related IEEE Societies and Initiatives
- IEEE Humanitarian Technology Challenge (HTC)
- The HTC is a partnership between IEEE and the United Nations Foundation & Vodafone Foundation Technology Partnership. The HTC will develop and implement technological responses to selected humanitarian challenges in developing countries. The objective is to create sustainable solutions that can be implemented locally, within the environmental, cultural, structural, political, and socio-economic conditions where they will be deployed. The HTC will also define repeatable processes and models that can be used to address future challenges.
- IEEE Biometrics Council
- IEEE System Council
- IEEE Special Interest Group of Health and Biology
- Related Healthcare/Medical Standards Groups
- Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP)
- The Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP) is a cooperative partnership between the public and private sectors. The Panel was formed for the purpose of harmonizing and integrating standards that will meet clinical and business needs for sharing information among organizations and systems.
- TR-49 Healthcare ICT Working Group, Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
Engineering Committee TR-49, one of TIA’s newest Engineering Committees, is responsible for development and maintenance of standards for the healthcare ICT applications which involve medical devices, network infrastructure, applications, and operations support.